Office: 202 Elvehjem
Wednesdays 3:00-5:00 and by appointment.
B.A. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 1981
M.A. University of California-Berkeley, 1984
Ph.D. University of California-Berkeley, 1991
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)Areas of Research and Teaching:
Greek and Roman art, Near Eastern art; Greek city planning and social organization; Archaic Greece; Anatolia; Interrelations between Greece and the Near East; Achaemenid Persia; Greek epigraphy.
On Faculty since 1993.
- 115 Freshman Seminar: Greek Art in Society
- 201 Ancient to Medieval Art
- 300 Art and Archaeology of Ancient Greece
- 301 Greek Painting
- 302 Greek Sculpture
- 303 Hellenistic Art
- 304 Art and Archaeology of Ancient Rome
- 405 Cities and Sanctuaries of Ancient Greece
- 505 Proseminar in Ancient Art
- Marriage and Death in Greek Art
- The Building Program of Pericles in Athens
- Life and Art: Pompeii and Herculaneum (Fall 2009)
- 700 Art and Archaeology of Ancient Greece
- 704 Art and Archaeology of Ancient Rome
- 805 Graduate Seminar in Ancient Art
- Midas to Mausolus: Art of Anatolia
Household and City Organization at Olynthus (Yale University Press, 2002).