Lecture provided by Louis P. Nelson, Professor of Architectural History and Vice Provost for Academic Outreach, University of Virginia
Funded by the University Lectures General Fund
Sponsored by the Department of Art History with co-sponsorship from the Institute for Research in the Humanities, the Medieval Studies Program, and the Art Department
Image credit: Henry Shrady and Leo Lentelli (sculptors), Robert E. Lee Monument, 1924, Charlottesville, Virginia. Photograph by Bill Emory.