How to apply
Applications to the graduate programs in Art History are done through the Graduate School.
For General Information about the Application Process please see the Graduate School admissions.
The following application materials and information required by the Graduate School:
In order to submit the online application, everyone must pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Please see the FAQ about applying to UW-Madison here.
The following application materials are required by the Department:
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (Submitted online).
- 1 original, official transcript from each institution attended (Mail directly to Art History Department)
- GRE scores, and TOEFL if international (Submitted online).
- Writing sample – research paper up to 20 double-spaced pages (12 pt. font, normal margins). (Mail directly to Art History Department. Please also upload this document in special section of Supplemental Application after submitting your regular online application).
- Statement of reason/purpose (Mail statement of purpose directly to Art History Department. Please also be sure to upload this document in your main application and/or in the Supplemental Application).
- CV (Mail directly to Art History Department. Please also upload this document in special section of Supplemental Application after submitting your regular online application).
Mailed Material* should be submitted by December 15th (postmark) to:
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Department of Art History
800 University Avenue, Room 232
*please do not submit material to the Graduate School; it will not be forwarded to the department.
For questions, please contact Teddy Kaul (firstname.lastname@example.org).