Quitman E. (Gene) Phillips
“Saving the Elite: the Jōfukuji Version of the Ten Kings.” Ars Orientalis (2003).
The Practices of Painting in Japan, 1475-1500. Palo Alto: Stanford University Press, 2000.
“The Price Shuten Dōji Screens: A Study of Visual Narrative.” Ars Orientalis 26 (1996).
“Hōncho gashi and the Kano Myth.” Archives of Asian Art 47 (1994).
AH 101: Study of Art, Present and Past
AH 203: Survey of Asian Art
AH 236: Bascom Colloquium in Art History:
– Belief, Ritual, and Representation
AH 372: Arts of Japan
AH 375: Later Japanese Painting and Woodblock Prints
AH 411: Topics in Asian Art History:
AH 475: Japanese Ceramics and Allied Arts
AH/RS 478: Art and Religious Practice in Medieval Japan:
AH 575: Proseminar in Japanese Art:
– Monstrosity in Japanese Visual CultureAH 701: Practicum in Art History: Bibliography, Historiography, Methods
AH 875: Graduate Seminar in Japanese Art:
– Ritual Art and the Afterlife
– Japan and Western Modernity
– Monstrosity in Japanese Visual Culture